The Best of Irish Hotels & Guesthouses
Subscribe  
 


Sat 2 Mar, 2024
Saturday 2 Mar, 2024
Tourism


Forbes Travel Guode
Awards

Visit Website


Tourism
Irish Hotels awarded 4 and 5 star ratings in the Annual Forbes Travel Guide Awards
For the 66th Annual Star Awards, incognito inspectors tested some 900 exacting standards
 Thurs 8th February 2024


Ashford Castle and Adare Manor have both retained their 5-star rating in the Forbes Travel Guide, whilst The Conrad and The Merrion both received a 4-star rating. The Spa at Ashford Castle also remains the only hotel spa in Ireland to receive a 5-star ranking.

Commending his team's achievement, Niall Rochford, Managing Director at Ashford Castle commented, “While we know we have a magnificent property and a wonderful team of people who are passionate about providing superior standards of service to our guests, each year we raise the bar that little bit higher for ourselves. We strive to inspire and support one another and to be exemplars for the tourism industry, flying the flag for five-star hospitality in Ireland. So today I, along with our owners at Red Carnation, want to congratulate the team at Ashford Castle on this award, for this is an acknowledgement of their wonderful efforts.”

Welcoming their new 4-star Rating, Andrew Moore, General Manager Conrad Dublin shared, “As we embark on a new year, we are honoured by Forbes Travel Guide’s acknowledgment of Conrad Dublin’s commitment to excellence. This award is a testament to the dedication of our team members, whose exceptional service and unwavering passion have contributed to our success. We look forward to continuing to provide exceptional experiences for our guests in 2024 and beyond.”

“This year’s Star Awards reflects the forecasted surge in demand for more thrilling travel experiences,” says Amanda Frasier, President of Ratings for Forbes Travel Guide. “They are delivering at the very top of their game and reimagining the future of luxury across design, dining and well-being. We commend all the 2024 winners for continuing to deliver a fresh new guest experience.”

When Forbes Travel Guide’s expert inspectors visit a property, they anonymously test it against up to 900 rigorous standards, such as whether a room is designed to promote sleep quality or whether the food-and-beverage choices support a guest’s well-being—emphasising exceptional service, which accounts for 70% of a property’s rating. The remaining 30% comes from the quality and condition of the facilities. Finally, inspectors are now required to reflect on whether there was great value in the experience.


Visit Forbes Travel Guode’s website





IHF Member Hotels & Guesthouses and tourism industry partners can submit news stories for inclusion by emailing us at hotelnews@ihf.ie


Book Direct for the very best
deals and guest experience!


Irish Hotels Federation | Working Together